Wednesday, March 28, 2007

News Blog

The way that I get my news has changed since I have been at school in fact I don’t get or pay any attention to the news anymore. When I was living at home it was part of my routine in the morning to get up and read the news paper while I ate breakfast. I think that it was because the paper was readily available to me and it was really easy for me to just look at the paper in the morning. I never watch the news on TV, one because I don’t watch TV that much, also I like the fact that I can scan and look for things that I want in the news paper and there is no commercials. What also really bothers me when watching the news on TV is the fact that if someone is in a hurry and the beginning of the news show advertises something that really interests you and then they don’t get to it until then end of the broad cast. I know that the news paper source is accurate but I also know that sometimes the local paper does not cover as much or a many nation or global issues as the new on TV necessarily would.
I feel that it is important to pay attention to the news because it is important to know what is going on in the world around us. The news is everywhere and I am going to get back in to a routine of making an effort of knowing what is going on around me. Regardless if it is the local school paper or on a more local or global scale.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Nicole I use to love eating breakfast with the Windsor Star in hand. Oh those were the days, looking up my basketball stats from the night before seeing how bad we got beaten lol.

Diana said...

i was like that. I never watched the news because it was too depressing but i do have to keep up with the world today so even though its depressing sometime, i still watch it on and off.

Steph said...

I know what you mean Nicole. At home with the local paper I would always scan it to see what was going on, especially with school sports. Now at school though, I never seem to watch the news because I don't watch a lot of tv and we don't get the Detroit newspaper.

rob said...

I think it is important to keep up with the news, but just like you I rarely find myself having the time to sit down and make a point to watch the news on tv. maybe once I finally graduate Ill time to do those sorts of things.

Trent said...

I agree with you, there is nothing better than waking up, reading the paper and eating fruitloops. well ok i lied there are a lot of things better, like sleeping, but you know what i mean. I love the paper so much more as well, for the same reasons you mentioned.