Blog about presentations
Over all I found the presentations very interesting. It was cool to hear the ideas that other people had about particular movies, either that I have seen and had different opinions about or that I haven’t seen and knew nothing about. It was also interesting to learn about other movies that I have not seen or even ever heard of for that matter. The comparisons that people made were also interesting, like Evan’s and his link between the film O’brother Where art’tho and Odyssey, I have seen O’brother Where art’tho and I understood all of the references that he was talking about in his presentation. I also enjoyed Jennifer’s presentation and really agreed with all of her arguments, like the interactions between adults and children, the eye levels and eye contact and the role changes in regards to women and men being care takers.
I know that I really tried to focus the majority of my presentation on how location, shot and angle techniques really force an audience to feel a particular way about the film, or characters, and how those particular techniques can play out a theme or particular emotion. I found that these presentations really helped with the over all outline of our papers. For me reading out my ideas to the class and presenting them and getting feedback really helped me plan for the set up of my paper and because I heard it from myself. I now know where to add missing info and other important points. I found these presentations very interesting and everyone so far has done a really good job, also it has really helped me with my paper layout and structure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nicole,
I found all of the presentations intersting too. I also enjoyed learning about your take on the movie, Field of Dreams, and appreciate that you liked my presentation. I agree with you that going over our papers through these presentations really helped me finish shaping my paper. Good job with your presentation.
Post a Comment