Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Comic Book Blog

I have seen many of the movies that have developed from the comic books, and I can truly say that there are only the odd few that I have truly enjoyed. I am a huge fan of Spiderman in fact he is my all time favorite super hero. I really think that Spiderman and X-Men are the best movies that have ever jumped from the pages of the comic books to the silver screen. What I love at the beginning of the Marvel comic book movies are how they open with the quick flash through of the comic book pages, I find that it really sets the mood for the movie. Spiderman for example I feel really brings the comic and the hero Spiderman that we know and love to life.

In many cases of the movies that are brought to the screen that have been comic books I feel the most important thing is the depth of the characters. The character of Peter Parker in Spiderman is portrayed extremely well, I felt that he is the same nerdy, shy, but yet powerful and breathe taking hero that we all love. The same goes for all the characters in X-Men, they have the depth but yet they are not giving everything away they keep the viewers wanting more, there is mystery about them, every little girl wants to be Storm and every boy wants to be Wolverine. I find that the really good comic book movies portray the original comic books but yet still have that originality to them and keep mystery about them leaving the viewer wanting more. It defiantly is a challenge to represent the more popular comics because they are so well known but the ones that are done well are huge successes.

No comments: