Sledge Hammer
The late TV show Sledge Hammer was surprising, instead of being just a boring older TV series it was funny and entertaining, it had it’s moments for sure for me that were a little dry but over all I enjoyed it. I thought the character of Sledge Hammer was interesting, he was very funny, sarcastic, and very violent. The way that he portrayed his violence thought was not in a way that violence took over the show. It was very well disguised I thought by the jokes and sarcasm. The only thing that really pointed out the violence to me was the funny reactions of the characters around him and of course my own knowledge of violence. It was different though I found myself not really thinking that it was a big deal. Perhaps that was because of Hammers partner who in fact is a women, I found that she was Hammers balance in the show and really makes the audience some how feel comfortable with his actions. The plot of the show seemed well developed and it was interesting to follow along with, it made me really want to know what was going to happen next and how Hammer would react to it. There are quite a few stereo types in the show with regards to police, women, and they make fun of criminals quite a bit. I felt that the show although it is called Sledge Hammer really revolved around him and when looking at TV shows now there are many other characters that have huge parts in the show almost as much as the main characters. The show I thought had a good plot line, very funny lines and Hammers actions speak for themselves, I would defiantly watch this show again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nicole,
I agree with you that Sledge Hammer was funny and entertaining. The show did leave you wanting to know what would happen next to Sledge and how he would react to the situation he found himself in. I also liked what you said about how his female partner kept him balanced and I liked the way that she verbqlly sparred with him. Good job with your blog!
Post a Comment