Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Past with Writing

My past experiences with writing have been pretty good. Not until about grade six did it really start to pick up for me, my class was all about making up and writing creative stories that we had to write one every single week. I got really good at writing all kinds of stories and really ended up enjoying writing. After that all of my writing was all mainly focused around essays about specific topics, like books, or anything that the teacher had wanted, so I have not really had much freedom with regards to what I was to write about. Again like I shared in my last Blog I am a pretty good writer when it comes to the actual content of my essays, papers, stories, or what ever it tends to be. I am creative and generally tend to have a strong flow and don’t jump around its point by point and very easy to understand and easy to follow. The thing that I have always had to work on through out my school career has been the grammar and spelling, that has been my down fall every year. Also I have always been taught the typical five paragraph essay format, the basic intro, body one, body two, body three and the conclusion. It’s always been get in and get out make you point and don’t confuse the reader and the goal at the end of the paper is to leave the reader going wow. My favorite style of essays has to be the persuasive essay, it allows you as a writer to express yourself, ideas and gives you the chance to try to sway the reader to your side if it’s something that you really feel strong about. I am looking forward to learning new styles of writing and can’t wait to express my points of view about the topics chosen for our papers.

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Nicole I think all females tend to be really good at organizing papers. I know myself I jump around an essay like theres no tomorrow and usually have to do it over several times. Your grade six class sounded cool my grade two class was like that and it was a good time. Well hope you have fun in this class.

Jasmine said...

Grammar and spelling has been my downfall also but hopefully with this class i can improve on it. I also like persuasive essays because it's fun trying to push people over to your side. Good luck in class Nicole!

Cash said...

I was always taught the five paragraph format as well, I wish all papers only had to be that long. I think persuasive essays are one of my favorites as well, Good luck in this class.

Patty said...

we share a similar writing style, or at least opinions of the type of style we like...such as persuasive, its especially nice when all you ever get to do is write about whatever the teacher wants you to. it allows you to have some say when you normally wouldnt get any. I cant wait to read some of you papers.

slava said...

I hope you will get more freedom in writing your essays in this class. good luck with improving your gramer and spelling.

Alissa said...

Nicole, persuasive writing is a fun topic. You sound like an organized person. I like things perfect, too. Good luck!

Nancy said...

I look forward to reading your opinions in these upcoming papers.