Monday, January 22, 2007

What I expect to get out ond learn from this class

I am interested to see how this class goes. Every English class that I have been in has been different whether it is learning different styles of writing, different formats of works cited, and also just in the different topics that I have studied. I was at first really nervous about this class because I wasn’t sure what to except because this is my first University English class ever. I think that I am a pretty good writer with regards to the content of my papers. What I really need to work on is my grammar and spelling that is my down fall, although I am getting better at it. So far I am excited to see where the papers that we have to write are going to go, since the topics are on the syllabus. I already find it interesting that we are going to look at and analyze music, film and the media. I expect to learn and really master the new MLA format, I have never used it before or even heard of it for that matter.
The five paragraph essay over the years has really been stressed to me that it was the way to set up and write an essay, the thought of getting in making your point and then getting out, and keeping it simple. At first it was a shock to me when Mrs. Welter told the class that she didn’t want any five paragraph essays, but now I am interested and looking forward to expressing different thoughts and ideas in a new set up and order. I expect to become a better writer and become more confident with my papers. I hope that everything goes well and I come out of this class with a great grade and a new outlook on writing and also the topics that we will be writing about.

3 comments:

slava said...

Its very nice that you like the topics of the essays that we are going to wirte. I hope you will enjoy from the rest of the class.

Alissa said...

Nicole, I bet you are a great writer already. It's awesome to learn new styles of writing. Good luck with the course!

Nancy said...

Nicole, I like your enthusiasm, and I hope you keep it all semester. ;-)