Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blog #9 Nussbaum

When reading the Central Human Functional Capabilities it was clear to see that these are the rights that Nussbaum feel that everyone is entitled to and should be free to believe in if they do so chose. These Central Human Functional Capabilities represent social justice in that they are basic things that human beings should have, it is just common sense. With out these capabilities it is hard to imaging what the world would be like. As well as what people would be like, what would we believe in, and how would we think and develop our own ideas towards any topic in life? Every one should be given the right to these Capabilities, I totally agree with Nussbaum’s views and all of her Central Human Functional Capabilities. Her society to me is an excellent example, the government needs to keep in mind and think about different people when creating environments people need to be able to express themselves in their own ways, and they should not feel like they can’t because of society or what other people might think of them. I think that this reading was very interesting and I liked to hear her ideas about the particular Capabilities, even when we think that we know them it is good to read them from a different perspective. I also agree with that fact that the government should leave people be when it comes to their different thoughts about particular topics, beliefs, feelings and emotions. I truly enjoyed this reading and it put in perspective what humans are entitled to.

5 comments:

Jonathan Klyce said...

i agree with yours and Nussbaum veiws, and i also think that you did a good job telling why you think your veiw are important with alot of example. good job, and keep up the good work.

Aya Elmallah said...

I agree with what you said and agree with that those capabilities should be expressed by anyone who wants to express or carry out those actions.

Eriktg said...

I couldn't agree with you more when you say that a lot of the rights mentioned are common sense yet somehow seeing them written down puts things into a different perspective. Great input on the reading!

Diana said...

I agree with you and the views of Nussbaum. I see we're on the same level in thinking. We both believe that its mostly the govenment. Good blog

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nicole. Humans all have central human functional capabilites, which are inherent rights that the government should inforce.