Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog #8 Rawls

Rawls truly feels that everyone has the right to be treated equally in society, even people who are at a disadvantage in life. Laws do not just affect particular people, they affect many people and politicians need to get the whole picture and think about everyone involved when it comes to making laws in society. If a law is not in the best interest of a minority then that law should not be considered. It is not fair to go against a minority and pass a law even if it is the only group that is not being benefited. I agree with Rawls thoughts on this matter in that it is unfair and not right because in some cases particular groups might be the same ones not benefiting from the laws being passed and this can not happen. People should be cautious of these matters and learn to come up with laws that can help society as a whole. People always have to be thinking of how to improve the world around us, by helping those less fortunate then it is making the cities, countries, and the world stronger. If politicians keep attacking the less fortunate then they are never going to improve. Politian’s must be open minded and try to look for positives and things to improve upon. “Justice and Fairness” is a good motto to live by in any aspect of ones life, but for politicians especially. It is important to be strong and make sure that justice is done by, as well as fairness to those under ones authority who may not be able to make a change.

2 comments:

Eriktg said...

I appreciated your input on the reading. I think Rawls does make a lot of valid points and I think you put it well when stating that the government should help the disadvantaged. I think it should reward the successful though too, so I'm more in the middle regarding Rawl's lawmaking policies.

Diana said...

Correct. Laws should be for everyone even the disadvangaged. What makes the rich so better than the disadvantaged. Nothing at all. Yes they may have more money but in the end, both are human. good blog