Thursday, April 19, 2007

Overall this semester I thought that my writing was decent. I really learned a lot this semester about detail and how important it is in my writing. I thought that I had a good balance in my writing when it came to detail but I learnt that I need more to support in my ideas and really show the reader instead of telling them. It has always been difficult for me to adjust to a teacher’s particular style of writing and just when I thought that I had a good understanding of what I am capable of writing I am pushed to the next level or just simply another style or approach to improve. Going into the semester I didn’t know what to expect as it was a different English professor at a totally new institution. Throughout the semester I have felt that I have grown stronger as a writer. Before attending the class I didn’t even know how to write properly with MLA style writing or for that matter even know what it was. I had never been taught MLA before; however I now know and understand the basics of the writing style and I can now enforce it in my writing in the future. A part of the class that I really enjoyed this semester was writing blogs and commenting on other students blogs. It was a place where I was able to write creatively, while having a lot of fun doing it. Throughout this semester I have grown as a writer and have learnt a lot of writing techniques that I hope to apply in my future writing.

No comments: